This is a brief outline of the requirements to achieve this promotion. A more detailed curriculum is available at our school.
All testing candidates are responsible for demonstrating any and all previous material learned. Promotional Belt Exams are cumulative in nature.
· Student Creed
Technical Skills (First Stripe)
All Previous Skills in addition to:
Back Stance Double Fist Low Block
Horse Stance Knife Hand Attack
Horse Stance Spear Hand
Tiger Stance Palm Block
Back Stance Double Knife Hand Low Block
Horse Stance Middle Punch
1) Combinations consist of two or more techniques that show clear examples of attacking ones opponent.
2) The instructor will randomly choose the combinations to be demonstrated.
3) A minimum of five (5) and a maximum of ten (10) combinations will be demonstrated.
15 Second Kicking Drill (with all basic kicks)
Advanced Kicks (Second Stripe)
All Previous Kicks in addition to:
· Double Back Side Kick
· Double Side Kick, Round House Kick
· Double Round House Kick, Side Kick
· Back Spin Kick, Round House Kick
· Hook Kick, Round House Kick
· Jumping Back Spin Kick
Taegeuk 7 – Third Stripe
Taegeuk 8 – Fourth Stripe
Punch, Palm Strike, Knife Hand,
Ax Kick, Back Spin Kick, Back Side Kick
One-Step Sparing (10) / Self-Defense (10)
Left / Right / Back